We have been working for months to take all the necessary measures against the coronavirus, and as a result of this intense work we can announce that we have received the recognition of SICTED Advanced Good Practices for the reduction of the risk of contagion of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 in the tourism sector. An award that very few Spanish language schools for foreigners have been able to accredit.
This recognition is granted within the framework of the Integral System of Tourist Quality in Destinations (SICTED) of the Secretariat of State for Tourism of the Ministry of Tourism, and is valid for two years.
In this way, our students can rest assured: we have passed a strict audit on the implementation and compliance with a series of advanced good practices in the fight against the coronavirus. Do you want to know what the main measures are?
At Costa de Valencia, Spanish language school, we have drawn up and approved a Contingency Plan that specifies in great detail all the measures and protocols that must be complied with by all, teachers and students. These are some of the main measures:
– We have created a management group on the strategies and decisions needed to minimize the hygienic-sanitary risks of infection of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. Among its functions are the control of compliance with all the measures and their adaptation, according to the evolution of the pandemic and the regulations to be applied.
– The maximum capacity of the school is set at 110 people, 75% of its capacity. The maximum capacity is also specified in each of the classrooms, in which the distance of one and a half metres between each person will be maintained and non-essential furniture has been eliminated.
– The use of the mask is obligatory, and other measures are added such as access to hydroalcoholic gels; in addition, physical contact will be avoided and windows and doors will be kept open for better ventilation.
– The teachers and students will always occupy the same places in the classrooms, which will be disinfected before and after each use.
– Preference will be given to online classes, although the teaching staff will be available for face-to-face classes, after agreeing the timetable with the students beforehand. Entry and exit times will be staggered to avoid crowding. The cleaning service will be adapted to these times in order to maintain disinfection.
– The use of common rooms is forbidden, as well as the sharing of office or study materials, computers, etc. There will be no group activities inside the centre and paper brochures will be eliminated.
– Other prevention measures that have been put in place are the installation of screens and specific posters about the rules that must be complied with.
– In the case of classroom exams (level tests, DELE, CCSE…), in addition to all the measures specified above, a 48-hour quarantine is established for documents and teaching materials before they are used again, such as pencils or exams.
In summary, at Costa de Valencia, Spanish language school we take your health and safety very seriously, and are pleased to have obtained the SICTED certificate of Advanced Good Practice for the reduction of the risk of contagion of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus in the tourist sector.